Jan 21, 2006

A tale of two cities

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

This is not the blog of Charles Dicken, so don't expect the summary of his book here. I have just borrowed the name of his book and opening lines as well (Though I must tell you these are among the very best, you will ever read). The name of this book just clicked, as I thought to write about my workplaces. After joining the present company, it so happened that I am continuously moving between two places Baroda and Surat. Now often or then I found myself comparing the two cities. Whenever anybody asks me about my place then the answer comes without a second thought, I am living in Baroda. But to be honest, I have spent more time in Surat.

But the reason behind my proclaimed affiliation with Baroda seems to be the apartment, which I have been
using while in Baroda. Certainly this apartment has a greater impact on me than what I thought. So I was talking about the comparison of two cities. I can't say which one is better, as both have their own ..............uniqueness ( I am finding myself short of words here). Let's leave the tale of two cities for Mr. Dicken.

Next time I'll try to write about the pursuit of excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment