Aug 3, 2008

Quite a day …. Kris Dayanti, Marcella and the Idols

I have had an ordinary day till 3 PM when I decided to go to swimming pool. I don’t know how to swim and also I don’t know why but many of my friends just can’t believe it. Anyways I came to the swimming pool just to find out that hotel staffs were preparing for a press conference. Upon further enquiry, we were told that American Idols will be coming here for the interviews. What option I had, just waited there poolside with my friend checking the features of his new semi professional Panasonic camera. Also we just had a brief history of how Chinese traditional weddings are, from one of our Chinese friend.

After I finished sipping the cola, around 4:40 ish, five smart men (American idols, I have to say that for the sheer number of girls present there) arrived in the arena. After a quick photo session, they started answering the questions to the media persons. As I was not at all interested in what these idols have to say, so I swiftly make my way to have a good photograph with them and quickly move to join the Chinese wedding discussion going on one of the poolside table. I often wonder , if there wouldn’t have been Indian Idol on Sony Television, how uninformed I was about another sets of idols, in this case American.

So after this little rendezvous, I headed to the pool. After one and half hours of learning the basics of swimming (which I have to admit was very relaxing) swimming, I gave up. In the evening, we went to the new FX mall in Jakarta and had a full three course dinner in one of the Italian restaurant. Later one guy revealed that he was hungry even after the gluttonous dinner –which was quite a revelation to us.

After returning to the hotel and before heading to the CJ bar in the same Muliya hotel, we were standing in the hotel lobby chatting about nonsense stuff. One of our Indonesian friend also returned after dinner and spotted us and I can say that his face was beaming with the excitement. Very soon after the little conversation, I realized that the most famous diva of Indonesia was present in the hotel lobby,
talking to somebody on phone. She was really beautiful and later I found out her name being Kris Dayanti. I had an instant urge to go and meet her. So after some fifty five seconds long thinking, I went to her, said Hi and requested for a photograph with her (Photo is on Orkut).

She agreed. It was so blasé from my side and so drawn-in from hers; still I was like “Umm..My friends have told me how … .umm.. how… good a singer you are, uh.. um… and of course I can see how.. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... beautiful you are”. Dumbest thing to say, I guess, but I said it. But historically I never have been good on the opening lines as well as the subsequent lines in social circuits.

Nevertheless my Indonesian friend was so delighted, as I asked Kris for one more photograph with my friend. I can understand his excitement, how envious all the other Indonesian guys will be after realizing that they lost that opportunity (I am not sure whether it fits here or not). Continuing to all other happenings of the day, we also bumped into the other famous Indonesian sweetheart (Best movie actress last year in this country) Marcella Zalianty and similar things followed. I had a photograph with her and just admired how pretty she looked in her pink outfit. I told her that pink really suits her and she just smiled. Stupidity . . .

Afterwards we went to CJ, spend around 2-3 hours there listening to the same songs, which the band was repeating since the day I arrived. But I really liked the female singer, how she sang, how she looked, how she danced and how she dressed..blah..Blah…blah.

Quite a day…… isn’t it.

4 comments:

  1. Rarely one would find such an incoherent and boring blog like this..and suprisingly i was able to read full blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehheh.. It was more like a diary entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the lady in CJ's too... she said hi to me couple of times... maybe singing for me also :p

    hey you should tell them about the fashion show and the model i liked... can u find the name of the model?

    am in UK... its nice in here :D

    very interesting course...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...I too liked that group, especially that tall model, who I think was from Bosnia..hehhe. Anyways, have fun dude..

    ReplyDelete