Aug 14, 2008

Everything happens for a reason


The last 3-4 books which I have read in July were so different from each other. First was "Three mistakes of my life" from Mr. Chetan Bhagat. I don't know whether he is doing it purposely (to keep 5 point something as his best) or  else; but the quality and and his famouus punches are slowly drying up in his  novels. The second book of his was "One night at call centre" was pretty good except the last 5-6 pages. And the last one- its kind of horrible, given his standards(I shouldn't say this, but 5 point something has raised the bar). It was a good timepass book, but certainly my expectations were much more.

Of course I read one from Jeffery Archer and, as always, it touched the right cords. Then came this refreshing book from Ms Kavita Daswani. This was not a super-duper book, but I really liked the way she has written it. Storyline is pretty simple and being a cinema freak, the end didn't surprize me. But I liked the INDIANNESS..yes thats the word (Is this a correct word !!). The books name was "Everything happens for a reason".



Priya is the main character who gets married to a conservative NRI family based in east coast of US of A. She has got a great job, new friend and an exciting new life, without her in-laws knowing about. Question is why should she keep it a secret, and its answered in the best possible way in this book. I recommend this, if you have to kill some 7-8 hours and also feel good about the time you spent.

2 comments:

  1. Just a gentle reminder..the first book of chetan bhagat is Five Point Someone not something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.....my apologies.

    ReplyDelete