Nov 18, 2006

Nara jeng



Though I am very fond of watching the tv serials (any kind, just any thing on the idiot box - my friends say), but lately here in KL I hardly watch any. The foremost reason is the lack of any familiar channel (Remember, we are not talking about movies here), and also the lack of time.

Yesterday my friend called me and then told (infact instructed) me to tune in some channel (he was also not sure about it's name, just the serial no. ). I changed the TV channel to the right one, only to get surprised. It
was showing some kind of chinese or local malay serial. Thereafter he told me that he likes the face of one particular actress and wants to know her name(he asked me because that time I was connected with internet).

You will not believe how difficult this task proved to be. First of all, I didn't know the name of channel as it was showing a logo similar to "8" without ant word in english or hindi. After some googling, found the name to be TV 8. Second problem was that every single entity present on that channel was in chinese (It was my guess), which made it difficult to know about that programme name. However after searching the TV schedule in the paper and with the help of one of my chinese friend we figured out the name, which happened to be "The Wedding".

After some more googling, I found the cast which goes something like.. Jang Nara, Ryoo Shi-won, Lee Hyun-woo, Myung Se-bin. Another difficulty now was to identify the female names among them, which pushed me to do some further googling. Finally I found that the name and photos of the girl, who made my friend blushed.

Though this process only took me three to four minute, but the sequence of the events made me laugh afterwards. Our chinese friend suggested that she is a Korean actoress not a chinese one. Wanna have a look of the girl, here it is.. Here


Also I am not sure about the use of "google" as a verb. If possible then just try to locate it in some standard dictionary and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment